Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Painted Headboard!

 Taking inspiration from the painted wallpaper tutorial from Jones Design Company,  http://jonesdesigncompany.com/decorate/painted-wallpaper-a-tutorial/, I decided to try it on our plain fabric head board in the guest bedroom. It is my first attempt at painting and the lines are not absolutely perfect. Also the grey looks too dark and I should have maybe gone for a lighter colour keeping with the theme of the room! well anyway..here's to first attempts and tons of learning!

The head board in it's original form..my husband cannot understand why I would wanna take a perfect piece of furniture to try my stunts!:)

2 comments:

  1. Cool!

    BTW... your husband isn't the only one who can't understand the need / urge to take a perfectly good piece of furniture and paint away.

    But... he too shall learn (in time) that it is best to let women to do what they have set out to do. Much more peaceful that way.

    Once a woman has made up her mind (sure she takes her time with it), she WILL have it her way... eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came across this blog from Lordraj.com... and realized you are the Ameeta he often mentions...

    By the way, the painted headboard... really cool idea. Being someone with a similar 'urge to take a perfectly good piece of furniture' (or other stuff in and around home) and try my own mods on them, I am sold on this idea! :)

    ReplyDelete